Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 27th, 2013 08:00

Inspiron 5110N crashes when moved!

I have had my Dell Inspiron 5110N for just over 15 months and it has worked perfectly in that time. In the last week however it has started to crash unexpectedly. At first it just wouldn't work when I opened it.. And I hadn't a clue why. It didn't work for several days. I took the battery out and cleared out any dust and it then worked. However it continued to crash and I noticed that it was when I lifted the laptop up and then put it down again.. Any pressure on the bottom and it seemed to crash completely. I presume there is a loose connection somewhere. Any ideas as to what the issue could be? And any solutions? Thanks for any help in advance.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

Check to see if slightly moving or gently twisting the power connector does the same thing.  If it does, replace the jack.  If not, it's likely to be a bad cold solder joint on the mainboard somewhere - it's just about impossible to fix these, so a replacement mainboard is in order.

3 Posts

No it doesn't. It crashes when attached to the mains power and just on the battery so don't think it's to do with the power supply.

No Events found!