Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 18th, 2013 23:00

Inspiron 5520 not booting up

Hello everyone,

I got the Dell Insprion 5520 little less than a year ago, and I have never done anything to void the warranty.

Just the other day I was using the laptop like normal, nothing was wrong with it, then I hibernated it, and next time I turned it on, it wouldn't boot. It would just give me the dell logo, and then go to a blank screen, make a clicking sound, then loop back again, and repeat. I left it for about an hour, but still nothing. Then I decided to try and do a system restore, because I thought it could be a problem with windows. Now, it won't finish the dell loading screen, and it just makes a click and shuts down. I can't go into bios, or run diagnostics or anything.

Other information: I have windows and Backtrack 5R3 running alongside each other, and they have been playing nicely for about a year. I hadn't installed anything big or that could potentially mess anything up for about three weeks.

Any way to fix this would be much appreciated. I have a lot of important work on there, and I hadn't backed up for a while.

Many thanks in advance!

No Responses!
No Events found!