Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 6th, 2017 17:00

Inspiron 5767 speaker clicking

I recently got a new Dell Inspiron 17 5767 computer. One of the first things I noticed was that the speakers made a clicking sound before they would start playing any sound. I looked in my system to see if there was a way to configure the sound card and found that the system came with Waves Maxxaudio so I tried adjusting the settings but nothing I did would work. I also tried going into device manager and updating the driver but it also would not solve the problem. I then tried going to the windows built-in driver but that also did not work. I then tired going into the registry and changing the audio card power settings but the settings would not apply. I am wondering now if there is something wrong with the sound card of if this is normal on newer Dell laptops. If anyone knows of a solution please let me know.

System Specs:
Processor: 7th Gen Intel Core I5 7200U @ 2.50 Ghz
Sound Card: Realtek ACL3246

• 

16.7K Posts

September 7th, 2017 08:00

odomreece,

Check to see if this could be the reason your speaker is clicking.

Distorted Sound From Notebook Speakers When Using VLC Media Player:

When using VLC Media Player, volume can be increased to maximum output. This eventually distorts the speaker output.

If audio/video playback is continuously done using VLC Media Player with volume higher than 100% over a period of time, even if the volume is kept at a lower level later, sound would be distorted. This distortion is permanent.

Why does this happen?

Some audio applications like VLC Media Player will allow large power output through speaker, approximately 200% to 400% of original sound output. In this situation, excessive usage may damage the speaker.

What is the resolution?

Audio/ Speaker Issues – All Dell Inspiron and Dell Vostro laptop PCs

If you are using VLC or any other amplification software, ensure that the:
•Update the device drivers from Dell Drivers & downloads website. Installing Microsoft Windows from Ubuntu will use only the native device drivers.
•Upate the System BIOS to the latest available version. Download and Install the latest BIOS for your Dell computer. For more information, refer to the Dell knowledge-base article What is BIOS and How to Check and Update the System Setup or BIOS on Your Dell System.
•Ensure that the audio output from media players like VLC Media Player does not exceed 100% and internal audio does not go beyond 95%.
•Use audio files with a bitrate of 320kbps for optimum quality and disable all audio enhancement.
•Correct Audio/Sound Card drivers are installed on your Dell computer. For computers installed with Microsoft Windows, for more information refer to the Dell knowledge-base article How to Download and Install a Driver?.

Note: Installing the latest Audio/Sound Card drivers will ensure that the System BIOS on your computer can control the maximum sound output delivered to the speakers. This could potentially avoid any damage to the speaker due to high amplification of sound by some applications.

Sound/Audio Problems in Microsoft Windows

2 Posts

September 7th, 2017 14:00

Let me clarify the speakers only make a popping/clicking sound when I start playing audio/video. the audio is clear but it just annoys me that they make a clicking sound before they work. I have another dell an inspiron 5547 and it does not do that. Sorry i should have mentioned that earlier.  

• 

16.7K Posts

September 8th, 2017 06:00

odomreeze,

Click the link below and try the information in the video. It is not a Dell Video, but it seems to have helped.

Audio Popping/Cracking

No Events found!