Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

December 21st, 2009 07:00

Inspiron 600m ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 graphics driver(s) NOT WORKING...WHY?

I've gone through just about every graphics driver DELL lists on their web-site for this Inspiron 600m ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 built in system with no avail.  Anyone have an idea what could be wrong?  The laptop will run with the basic driver but NOT when you attempt to install one of the ATI drivers.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 21st, 2009 07:00

Exactly what happens with the drivers when you install them? If you reloaded Windows, did you install the Dell notebook system software and the chipset driver?  Without these the video driver will not load properly.

5 Posts

December 21st, 2009 17:00

Yes...I did load the Dell Notebook system software and the Intel Chip-set Driver.  Like I stated...I have tried to install each version of the ATI Mobile 9000 drivers listed on the Dell web-site with no success.  What happens upon each attempt is after the Windows splash screen appears and the log-in is completed the screen flickers as it normally would indicating that the next screen to display would be the hour-glass then the Windows Desk-top.  Well...the screen stays black, nothing happens except the little green lights flicker some but no screen appears.   Now, after attempting countless driver installs and un-installs in safe mode, I depressed the blue Fn key at the same time as the F8 crt/lcd key and the screen appeared.  So from this point on, if I want the screen on, I must depress these two keys at the same time.  This is not right as far as I know.

Any ideas?

No Events found!