Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 10th, 2015 09:00

Inspiron 7000 crashing when coming out of hibernation

My 2013 Inspiron tended to come out of hibernation either quite slowly , taking 20 to 30 seconds to get to the log-in screen, or crash altogether (not every time, but every 2 or 3 wake-ups) which required a hardware reboot.. After doing some research, I found some information. It appears there may be some conflict between BIOS settings and Windows (8.1 in my case).

I checked BIOS settings and the only thing I found was that Intel's Rapid Start Technology was enabled. So I turned it off and rebooted. Turns out, the Rapid Start actually delayed the boot process: my computer boots MUCH faster now (about half the time from before) in the full boot process, it comes out of hibernation almost instantaneously (as I would expect from a system with i7 processor, 16 GB Ram and SSD) and it has not yet crashed when coming out hibernation.

285 Posts

January 10th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

Reply with your BSOD code,

2 Posts

January 13th, 2015 10:00

I posted my remarks not as a question for help, but as a suggestion for others who may experience the same problem. As far as I am concerned, I solved my problem and it appears to not have recurred in several days now.

No Events found!