Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 5th, 2015 11:00

Inspiron 7347 not waking from sleep

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I am having a problem waking my Inspiron from sleep.

If I leave the lid up and the laptop goes to sleep on battery or when plugged in it will not wake up

If I put the laptop to sleep using the on off button it will not wake up

If I close the lid whilst plugged in before laptop goes to sleep, and then remove the power supply it will not wake up

If I close the lid whilst on battery before laptop goes to sleep it will wake up, or maybe it doesn't sleep as the battery seems to go flat quickly?

If I close the lid when plugged in before laptop goes to sleep it will wake up, or maybe it doesn't sleep 

When it won't wake up the only way is to restart by holding the power button down for 7 seconds and then restarting, this is really annoying.

I have installed all the latest updates from Dell and Intel.

Any help very much appreciated

3 Posts

October 5th, 2015 18:00

I'm having the same problem you've described .... I have disabled all startup apps and everything works fine .... add them all back and things work as they should, until I use the machine for a few hours and then the problem returns ... I've updated all drivers and same problem.

I've rinsed and repeated everything in previous paragraph with exact same results. What seems interesting is that if I hibernate, the screen blanks, but the CPU fan continues  and the keyboard backlight is still on. As you have done I press the power button until the keyboard back-light goes off ... and when I press power button again, it boots up and the apps are running .. just like if hibernate actually was accomplished.

It seems the hibernate function is executed, but but the laptop power is never turned off.

2 Posts

October 9th, 2015 11:00

I have the same problem with my Dell 7347 after update to Windows 10.  I've tried to reinstall drivers but it doesn't help.

I have also noticed  many critical errors in event log:

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

Source: Kernel-Power

2 Posts

October 22nd, 2015 05:00

I am having the identical problems described by the posters to this entry. Keyboard remains illuminated after the computer enters sleep mode, then the computer will not wake. Must reboot. Also, sometimes it will not resume from hibernate properly.Usually a short press on the power button will get things started, but sometimes in hibernation mode, I have to hold the button in for many seconds before the system responds. Sometimes the response is a proper recovery from hibernation - other times it is a full reboot.

Also, since switching to Windows 10, boot times seem much longer. I like Windows 10, but I will be glad when these issues are fixed.

2 Posts

October 22nd, 2015 14:00

I've resolve this issue by uninstalling some Intel's applications. See link below:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19649041

No Events found!