Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2015 12:00

Inspiron 7353 2-in-1 SE Stylus Enigma

I recently purchased a Inspiron 7353 2-in-1 SE after a lot of research and a confirmation from a Dell sales rep that yes, it definitely has active stylus support.  A few glowing reviews online confirmed it, and spoke highly of the digitizer quality on this specific model so I went ahead about bought it.

Upon receiving the laptop, the Dell Active Stylus I'd been instructed to purchase didn't work, I contacted technical support and was told that no, it doesn't support the Dell Active Stylus but it supports a Wacom active stylus, but I'd need to contact sales to find the correct version.

So I contacted sales... a few times where I was told that A) It totally supports the Dell Active Stylus and I should contact tech support again B) It doesn't support any stylus outside of a capacitive one and C) It supports a Wacom active one but I'd need to contact Wacom.

I contacted Wacom and they had no knowledge of this model.

Back to technical support where they told me that Dell Active Stylus support had been removed in an update and that it now only supported capacitive input.  So now I'm on hold with Dell Returns Chat and I'm desperate for some kind of straight answer.  I love this laptop, but the reason I bought it was for its well-reviewed active stylus support.   I'd like to keep it if there's some kind of workaround to get an active stylus working with it, but I don't seem to get the same answer twice with Dell support and web searches turn up nothing.

Any thoughts or ideas?  Anyone have an active pen working with the 7323?

1 Message

December 29th, 2015 06:00

Apparently, they switched from Synaptic to Wacom AES, the new pen should be: accessories.dell.com/.../productdetail.aspx;l=en&sku=750-aami

Call to find out.

1 Message

January 8th, 2016 14:00

Sales #1 insisted that the 750-AAGN was compatible with the 7353 and tested by Dell Engineering (yeah, when will sales ever say no to a potential sale...)

Tech support #1 said he don't know, let me forward you to tier 2 support.

Tech support #2 took about 10 minutes of checking offline and finally stated that the active stylus was not supported with the 7353, then sent me to sales to resolve the conflict.  He did not know of an active solution.

Sales #2 did some checking (after I explained story) and said that only the capacitive (passive, standard stylus) was available for this version.

Synaptic driver does not find a compatible 'tablet', so I do believe that synaptic is out of the picture.

Does anyone out there have confirmation that a Wacom active device works with the Inspirion 7353?   

Without palm rejection, a passive stylus is useful for keeping fingerprints off the screen and not much else...

January 11th, 2016 17:00

I am having the same problem. The active stylus was even recommended to me while purchasing my Inspiron 13753. It didn't work at first, then I noticed it does weird things, like freezing a touch spot which doesn't move away. It's a joke, and for me, a loyal customer for over 10 years now, I am utterly frustrated from this AND for the way the customer care service.

3 Posts

January 13th, 2016 11:00

I am not having any luck with the active stylus support either.  The following is a summary of my chat session with a support person ...

"Hi ... just a quick question ... would you
happen to know if the Manufacturer Part# : N1DNK | Dell Part# : 750-AAMI Active
Pen is compatible with the Dell Inspiron 13 7000 (Model 7353) laptop?"

"I can assure you that it will work to our
system."

I was ready to order the stylus when another person on the mobiletechreview website (http://www.mobiletechreview.com/notebooks/Dell-Inspiron-13-7000.htm)  reported that he could not install the control panel for this stylus and that it would not work properly. I am unable to install the control panel software as well.

Hopefully we will receive a response from Dell at some point in time. I don't think that it is worth my time to follow-up with tech support due to their inaccurate responses.

January 19th, 2016 09:00

The same happened to me, same situation. I purchased the Inspiron 7353 for the purpose of working, just to discover that it was misleading information on Dell's website that it supports active stylus. Nobody's answering the same, got stylus refund but if the laptop won't support any active pen (which the tech support told me) then it's useless, been trying to return it but am being ignored! The laptop is useless for me now, I purchased it and compromised the SSD and higher processor and graphics card for this feature, to discover it was misleading information!

THIS IS FRAUD!

Dell successfully just turned a loyal customer for 10 years into an ANTI-DELL!

1 Message

January 30th, 2016 20:00

Regarding the active stylus I agree with the statement of FRAUD! when I bought my Inspiron 7353 I was told thiat active stylus would work after communicating with tech support they informed me it does not work with Inspiron 7353. I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years and the Inspiron is a great system but I bought it for the touch screen and active stylus. I plan now to give this to a friend who needs a computer and buy a new laptop that has a track record for working with active stylus and reconsider future computer purchases with Dell.

2 Posts

March 6th, 2016 18:00

Any update on this issue, has dell examined returning the active stylus functionality to the 7353?

March 7th, 2016 07:00

No updates on my end and they denied my return.  Specifically they didn't even *respond* to any of my contacts regarding the return until the return window was closed.  Dell are nothing but crooks.   The only thing that prevented me from suing is not having a recording of the initial conversation and that it would cost more than I paid for the laptop.  At least I managed to convince our startup to not go with them for hardware solutions.  Never doing business with them again.

March 14th, 2016 22:00

Anyone figure out a way to make the Active Stylus work?

I've seen videos online w/ the stylus... www.youtube.com/watch

No Events found!