Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 15th, 2016 19:00

Inspiron 7368 Stylus

Why is it so difficult to find what stylus works on my new laptop?  Does anyone know if the N1DNK will work with this system?  If not, what have you been using from light drawing and not taking.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 16th, 2016 05:00

A generic passive stylus will work with the system exactly as your finger would.  This system does not have a digitizer so it's not designed or equipped for drawing or writing -- for that you need a notebook with a true tablet-style digitizer screen (such as a Lenovo Yoga Pro/ThinkPad Yoga, Microsoft Surface, etc.).

2 Posts

August 27th, 2016 10:00

I asked the rep 4 times if the active stylus works and was told all 4 times that it would. So you are telling me it won't?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 27th, 2016 10:00

This system has a touchscreen - not a digitizing tablet-style screen. No active stylus is going to work - the screen isn't designed for drawing or writing.

So far Dell hasn't released any systems in this class that do -- if you're looking for a full digital-drawing experience, you'll find it in systems like the Surface Pro 4 and the Lenovo Yoga Pro and Yoga ThinkPad models -- that is, near or above the $1K price range.  You won't find it in systems priced south of that price threshold -- the digitizer is still an expensive component and systems that include one, relatively high-end in features.

2 Posts

August 27th, 2016 11:00

Thanks. Apparently the rep lied to me or doesn't know the products. Will probably end up buying an IPAD Pro.

No Events found!