Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 29th, 2016 07:00

Inspiron 7437 WILL NOT REBOOT after BIOS Update

Hi,

Last week I updated my machine to the latest BIOS from Dell, file name 7437A10.exe. The machine rebooted fine after the installation and worked fine for a day or two. But now my machine will not boot pass the DELL logo (the progress bar at the bottom keeps spinning). The hard disk light lights up and blinks, indicating that the system is accessing the hard disk.

I tried a few things to get the machine to boot, with no success. What I tried was:

• press Start and wait for the machine to boot for about 5 minutes, Iooking at the logo
  • press and hold the start button for about 30seconds
  • detach the battery, press the start button for about 30seconds to release any remaining current, attach the battery and tried to boot
  • reset the bios settings to default

None of these options worked. Can you help me figure out what the problem is?

I'm running Windows 10.

Thank you in advance.

Vassil

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 29th, 2016 10:00

Why did you update the bios? Laptops rarely need bios updates and if you do update the bios it should be done before upgrading the operating system. Dell has all the drivers you needed for win 10 here-- 

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-14-7437/drivers 

Try booting to Safe Mode or to the repair disk you made. You might be able to run the diagnostics to test the hardware and do a custom test of the hard drive. Bios update failures usually do not "work for a few days." It might be a coincidence and something else is causing the problem. Use the links on the Support page to get more info.

2 Posts

May 29th, 2016 11:00

I updated the BIOS because DELL pushed it as an important update, together with other driver updates.

I'll try booting into safe mode

2 Posts

September 19th, 2016 00:00

This also happened to my Dell Latitude E6500. It works well with Windows 10 OS until I updated its BIOS to the latest version released by Dell. Upon updating it doesnt restart anymore. The power button flashes several times together with the battery light indicator. I can only boot it manually by removing first then reinserting its charger. When i shut it down, the power led lights for 1 minute even if no more sound of the fan is heard. What is the possible solution for this?.

No Events found!