Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 22nd, 2016 09:00

Inspiron 7520 Battery Not Recognised

Hello

Have an Inspiron 7520 fro 5-6 years which worked perfectly until recent Windows update to Windows 10. Since then, every time I power up the laptop, I get a message stating that the 'battery is not recognised' and can only use the laptop if I have AC power connected. If pressing F2 to do diagnostics, the battery is displayed as not being recognised - non Dell

The battery is the one that came as new with the laptop and is most definitely a Dell battery for the Dell 7520.

How can I get rid of this erroneous error and/or test the battery??

Many thanks

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 22nd, 2016 14:00

The battery is the one that came as new with the laptop and is most definitely a Dell battery for the Dell 7520.

:emotion-2:

Five to sixth years is a long time for a battery now days. It's most likely your battery has come to an end and needs to be replace with a new one. Please click link below:

www.dell.com/.../en

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 22nd, 2016 14:00

:emotion-2:

Just to be sure, I do have a few suggestions......

Method 1 -  Remove battery

Power off system, remove AC adapter and battery, and then press "Power On" button for 15 seconds then release. Replace battery, adapter, and then power on system. Hopefully your battery being charged now.

Method 2 -  Uninstalling/reinstalling the battery in Device Manager:

1. Press the windows key plus X key at the same time

2. Click on Device Manager, and then expand the Battery category.

3. Right click the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery

4. On the Device Manager taskbar, click on Action, and then Scan For Hardware Changes

Method 3 - Troubleshooting tools on system:

Please type troubleshooting control panel onto (Cortana) search bar, click on "View All", and then click "Power ".

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 9th, 2016 10:00

Deleted.....

No Events found!