Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

September 7th, 2016 21:00

Inspiron 7559 won't detect 2nd monitor

I have tried repeatedly uninstalling and reinstalling both intel and nvidia drivers, using the stock dell drivers and the latest from each manufacturer.  Did a clean install of windows.  The computer beeps when I plug in the monitor but other than that pretends as if it doesn't exist.  Nothing shows up on boot even on the 2nd monitor.  It shows up as a grey screen in display properties but attempts to clone/extend display doesn't do anything.  I can't change resolution or anything either.

2K Posts

September 10th, 2016 16:00

Hi GRANDANES,

When you state "2nd Monitor", do you mean you have 2 separate external monitors connected to the system other than the system LCD itself, making it in total 3 displays? Or is this the only external monitor you are trying to connect to?

What is the exact monitor model? What is the exact video cable you are trying to connect with? Does the monitor and cable work fine on another machine? 

Based on your response, I shall advise further course of action.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!