Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

August 16th, 2006 19:00

Inspiron 9100 Battery Problem

I have Inspiron 9100 purchased on 10/2004. Yesterday, my laptop battery become too hot. So, I turned off the laptop for some time and then turned on again. It wokred fine for some time and after that battry was stoped functioning. It was not charging at all.

So, I called Dell Customer Service to complain this problem. They explained me about current Battery Issue and referred me to contact Battery replacement program. The representative from Battery Replacemnt Program asked me the bar code number and verified in their system. He told that this battery is not from the faulty batteries. They cannot give me the replacement. I also verified the battery code on Battery replacemnet program site. It says that replacement is not required.

Again, I called Dell Customer service. But I didn't get any proper response. They were just transferring the call from one department to another and I had to expalin the problem every one. I tried this for almost 2 Hours today morning and I fed up to call.  I talked to Dell Customer Service, Battery Repalcment Program, Inspiron hardware Support and Dell Warranty Expired Department and others.

Can someone help me how to conact Dell Support for this? Also, the my laptop warranty is expired.

Thanks
Umesh

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 16th, 2006 20:00

If the warranty has expired and the battery is not among those recalled, you do not need Customer Service. You'll need to call Dell Spare Parts to purchase a new battery.

Dell Spare Parts 1-800-449-3355 ext 7269937
No Events found!