Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 28th, 2009 01:00

Inspiron 9300-no boot, no post

My Inspiron 9300 will not boot up. The power will come on and stay on but the screen is blank.  It appears that screen is on but just that off black color screens get when powered but no content.   The number locks light turns on and stays steady and then switches off and the wifi light will turn on as well. The fans seem to be working and the little CPU light flashes like it normally does when they system is processing something. The battery was fully charged. The laptop worked great up until yesterday.  I put it in Hibernate for a couple of hours and when I went to turn it back on I was met with this issue.   I have not added any new hardware components or added/upgraded any software recently.  It's about 4 years old and out of warrenty.  I would hate to have to replace it because it really has everything I need/want in a laptop that I find I can't get with more current ones these days unless I want to spend $1200 plus and still compromise on a couple of features.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 28th, 2009 05:00

Attach an external monitor.  Is there an image there?

2 Posts

September 28th, 2009 08:00

I tried to attach one but without a screen I have no idea if my computer accepted it or if I needed to manually add the new hardwear/set up wizard. Regardless nothing happened different.   

No Events found!