Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 27th, 2017 08:00

Inspiron 9400 e1705 drivers for upgrade to windows 7 sp1

I know this is a little outdated, but need all the drivers needed and order to install with a fresh cd install of windows 7 sp1

I found the info here years ago and can no longer find it with listed drivers for the upgrade.

I installed windows 7 sp1 and the laptop does not work well, very slow. Did one at a time device driver and tried to update drivers, not any better.

I will do another clean install if I can get the needed info.

Thanks for your help

2K Posts

May 28th, 2017 10:00

Hi GREFRA,

Please be advised that Dell has not tested this system for Win 7 OS functionality and hence, there are no Win 7 drivers available for install.

If the system is slow, then kindly check if the HDD is functional - Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us. These are onboard diagnostics and they might possible pick some error if the hardware is not functional. Also, run an extended / thorough tests on the HDD and memory to check for any possible errors. 

You could find all the archived drivers listed here.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

27 Posts

May 29th, 2017 12:00

Ran the HDD test no errors.

Went ahead and did a clean win7 sp1 install with disk. Installed all the inspiron 9400 drivers. Works just fine, the laptop is just a little old, no new graphic or wifi card drivers. It will do until I buy a new one.

No Events found!