Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

G

3 Posts

October 4th, 2008 01:00

Inspiron B120 - Processor Info

I have a Dell Inspiron B120 which was damaged by using an AC Adapter with incorrect power ratings.  I am looking to replace the system board and I am finding difficulty in determining what processor was on the original system board.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 4th, 2008 09:00

Support.dell.com, enter service tag, choose Original Configuration.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 4th, 2008 16:00

Most of these shipped with Pentium M-based Celeron M CPUs.

October 4th, 2008 16:00

Thanks for the reply, but I tried the looking up the system configuration using the service tag number and I ended up with a cryptic list of parts that did not obviously note the processor type.  Since the warranty has expired, I am unable to email Dell support or use the online chat method.  Also, from what I understand, a phone call to Dell Support will cost me.

950 Posts

October 13th, 2008 22:00

Are you going to replace the motherboard yourself or have a shop do it. If you are, just open it up now and look at the CPU. Also good chance the CPU may still be ok.

I don't know about Dell laptop motherboards but IBM's have fuses that blow if this happens. If yours has fuses maybe they could be replaced.

Any others know if this may be the case?

October 14th, 2008 00:00

Thanks for reminding me.  The processor had a part number listed on it.  It turned out to be an Intel Celeron M 1.4 Ghz Processor.

Also, I hope you're right about the processor being ok.  I guess I'll find out when the replacement system board arrives.

Thanks again.

No Events found!