Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 24th, 2015 13:00

Inspiron Computer Hangs and Recovers

I have an inspiron 7437 that I upgraded to Windows 10 several months ago. I have had an issue shortly after I upgraded with system freezes about 30 seconds to 1 minute long. During this time I can usually move the mouse and audio gets stuck in a loop. The fans begin to slow down and when the computer becomes unstuck there is a clicking that sounds like it comes from the hard drive. After the freeze the event viewer always lists error Event ID 129, Source: iaStora with the details Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued. I have a 32msata cache + 500GB HD. I have attempted a clean install (deleted all files and apps and reinstalled windows 10) and the issue occurred without installing any drivers or any software. I then tried updating all drivers through dells website include Intel RST and intel management engine interface (windows 10 did a pretty good job at updating most drivers automatically). Oh and my BIOS is up to date with A10. The problem still persisted. I have run check disk and DISM which seems to be Dell's go to answer. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the video driver. Does anyone have any ideas? Very frustrating problem that I have searched the internet extensively with no luck. I have attempted changing power setting as well with no luck. Thanks for any help!

16 Posts

January 9th, 2016 19:00

Just checking back to see if Dell has any solutions to offer.

January 24th, 2016 19:00

Unfortunately, the "reset...iaStorA" hang issue is a common problem across Windows 7, 8 and 10 for which no one seems to have a solution. It is apparently a compatibility issue with the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software. Intel should should be looking into this matter and issuing a fix.

4 Posts

May 19th, 2016 18:00

Download just the driver files for the raid controller from intel.

Unzip the files to the desktop.
Open Device Manager/Storage Controllers/Intel Chipset SATA Raid Controller, and perform an update driver function,
pointing to the driver files u will download.

restart pc and u will never ever see this warning or get freezing screen cause of it.

No Events found!