Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 13th, 2011 16:00

Inspiron Duo - Screen flickering.

Hello Dell Community!

I've bought an Inspiron Duo netbook, and it has been great, but I'm starting to have some trouble with the screen. Sometimes, out of nowhere, the screen will go blackish (it's not totally black - hard to explain!). It also tends to happen when I flip the screen. I can get the picture back by flipping the screen (again), or by just making small adjustments (not flipping all the way, but 1/4th and then back to normal again). It is starting to happen A LOT though, and it's a huge issue. I've tried downloading the newest drivers, but that did nothing at all. 

Does anyone have a good guess what could be wrong? I'm really thinking this is not software related but a hardware failure, but I am not sure.

1 Message

August 4th, 2011 00:00

I believe the problem is caused by the screen inverter which runs the black light to the Lcd screen. Common problem with most laptop screens and in the case of the Inspiron Duo and the rotating display is most likely doesn't help the situation. If you have the technical know how to fix this issue it is rather easy to do. The problem is most likely the inverter connection has become lose and just needs to be reconnected properly. I would strongly suggest trying this option before going out and getting the screen replaced.

No Events found!