Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 1st, 2014 07:00

Inspiron E1505 Driver Replacement Help Needed

After reinstalling Windows XP Media Center using the original reinstallment disks, I have the following drivers that need to be replaced.  

Marked as "Other Devices",  they are listed with yellow ?'s.

Base System Device
Base System Device
Base System Device
Ethernet Controller
Network Controller
Video Controller
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

My service tag is:  394X2c1

Would some kind person please look in the drivers downloads and list the specific drivers I need?

The only change that has been made to the laptop is the replacement of the disk drive.

I have reinstalled several times over the years but have never had this problem.

Thanks a million for any help.  'Genie

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 1st, 2014 08:00

Hi pagenie, 

I would suggest you to install all the drivers in the system in correct order. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the necessary drivers listed under appropriate section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Refer to the link below to install drivers in correct order.

http://dell.to/18LnbPL

Please let me know if this helps

9 Posts

January 1st, 2014 09:00

The laptop isn't able to connect online.  What would be the easiest way to copy the drivers?  I have another laptop.  Can I do this using a connecting cable, pin drive or disk?   

There are a good many drivers listed.  Can I download just the recommended ones?  

Thanks, 'Genie

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

January 1st, 2014 12:00

Put the Dell system software, chipset driver and network drivers on a flash drive - load them in that order.  Then you can go online and get the rest of the drivers.

It's time to replace Windows XP, which goes end of life (no further security updates) in just over three months (April 9, 2014).

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

January 1st, 2014 14:00

The system can handle WIndows 7 but you will need to purchase a copy  -- you cannot use the OEM HP copy on your Dell system.

9 Posts

January 1st, 2014 14:00

Will the Inspiron E1505 be able to handle Win 7?   I have a copy for my HP laptop but it includes the backup.    Can I use that to upgrade the E1505?  Dumb question?

No Events found!