Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 1st, 2010 17:00

Inspiron E1505 and Windows 7

I recently did a clean install of Win 7 after reformatting my harddrive on my Inspiron E1505.  I have already run Windows Update and it installed an update for my video card and one update for a ricoh xd-picture card controller.  However, under my list of drivers there are still two 'base system device' listings that I do not know which drivers to update/install.  I've checked several forums and some people seem to have this problem and I've followed several links but am still really unsure of how to fix this problem.  If someone can be straight forward and tell me what to do to fix this problem that would be greatly appreciated.  I also have a problem with my touchpad mouse.  The scroll functions do not work.  I have tried downloading an update for Win 7 straight from synaptics website but it would not install, saying something about it not being a valid Win32 application.

14.4K Posts

January 1st, 2010 17:00

for the base system issue download and install THIS driver

Try THIS driver for the touchpad

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

June 15th, 2014 14:00

January 1st, 2010 22:00

Thank you very much! This saved me a lot of time and I had already spent a couple hours searching and debating which drivers to install.  Thanks again, hopefully your post will help some other people that seemed to have a similar problem.

14.4K Posts

January 2nd, 2010 05:00

You are welcome happy computing.

1 Message

June 15th, 2014 13:00

Hi, 

I have the same problem with my mousepad funktions (Scroll). Your Link does not work. Can you tell me the Number of the driver or another source, where I can got it?

Thanks a lot

No Events found!