Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

January 24th, 2009 07:00

Inspiron E1505 - video issue

Hi, as stated in the subject line, I have an Inspiron E1505.  I'm running Windows Vista Business.

I have this problem that is driving me insane.  I can't watch DVDs or play the built in MS games (Freecell, Hearts, etc.) on my laptop.  The application will open, but I can't see anything.  For the DVD's, I can hear the audio, but there is no picture.  For the games, I can see the frame of the window, the information at the bottom (like with Freecell, I see how many cards are left, etc.) and can even hear the cards being shuffled and dealt, but the actual playing screen/window is clear--I see whatever is on the desktop at the time.  I recently installed a webcam, and I can take pictures that will show up (i.e., me) but I cannot see anything on the screen--it's grey.

I have tried installing Vista codecs, updating the graphics accelerator, and installing a DivX player and converter, but nothing works.  I have no idea what else to do.  Does anyone have a suggestion?  I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

No Responses!
No Events found!