Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 1st, 2016 10:00

Inspiron Laptop does not boot, nothing appears on screen, only back light glows on screen

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 14R N4110 Laptop. On pressing power button the screen becomes a bit shiny due to backllight, fan starts and parts seems to be spinning inside but screen remains blank, even dell logo does not appear. I have tried removing battery and pressing power button, also I tried pressing Fn button + Power button but I no luck. I also tried to reach diagnostic screen using F12 during boot but that also did not help. Power Led and Battery Led lights work but harddisk led does not blink.

Also I noticed that after pressing power button when I LONG PRESS any button of the keyboard, is sounds a continuous ticking sound like kirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

In all the troubleshooting no beep sound comes ever. Could someone suggest how to make my laptop functional again.

Thanks,

Piyush

December 1st, 2016 20:00

Hi piy_laptop

Thanks for writing to us.

When did the issue start? Was there any hardware of software changes done recently?

Does the caps lock respond when toggled?

Please try remove the memory modules and power up without them, then try with one module at a time.

You can get the instructions on support.euro.dell.com--enter the tag#--submit--manuals.

If the system is still not beeping or shows any promising signs then we are looking at a faulty motherboard.

Do provide us the system tag# and also confirm the name the system is registered under by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message. Also let us know the contact number and email address

Regards

No Events found!