Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2013 11:00

Inspiron M5030 Laptop beeps 7 times and black screen

laptop is beeping 7 beeps and has black screen.  i have done all the suggestions that is on this forum and nothing worked.  i bought my dell inspiron M5030 refurbished from your website awhile back so i know there is no warranty on it.  how much does a motherboard/processor cost and would i be able to replace it myself?  bottom line, is it worth me fixing it myself? thank you for you time.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

January 9th, 2013 05:00

Hi keikik,

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag, so I may check the region/country from where the system was purchased and assist you accordingly. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

2 Posts

June 24th, 2013 15:00

I am having the same problem and it seem most M5030 owners are. To many people having the same issues for it to be anything but a manufactures defect that dell should be taking care of warranty or not! This will be my last dell purchase if this issue isn't resolved. A computer should last longer than a year and a half!!  

2 Posts

June 24th, 2013 16:00

Agreed on this note ive been looking everywhere for a solution all im hearing is the same 2 to 3 things that doesnt work I  think dell need to recall this product immediately its obviously disfunctional if everyone having the exact same problem within the same period of time they bought the product. I either want a permanent fix or Recall on this product.

5 Posts

June 25th, 2013 03:00

I've had exactly the same problem, and in my case Dell have actually sent a technician out on two separate occasions each time the motherboard was replaced and each time the '7 Beeps' returned- the first time after just one week the second time it lasted 4 weeks- now Dell aren't replying to my emails anymore.

No Events found!