Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

U

May 5th, 2013 10:00

Inspiron Multiple Issues, and negligence from Dell

This is the third time i'm posting about same issue.

I have multiple issues in my laptop and I was out of India when it occurred. First the Hard Drive failed, and then display too, leaving me with a blank, frozen boot-up with 8-beeps code. I checked the LCD by pressing D-key before startup which shows all the colors, so the problem is in GPU which means motherboard (or GPU) has to be replaced.

I have talked to two Dell represtatives, given them my service tag, registration info, address and all, and first one even told me that I need replacement for parts which can only be arranged if laptop is in India.

Now that i've sent my laptop back to India, she stopped responding. I posted the issue 2nd time, another Dell support guy asked my service tag, now he's stopped responding too.

If anyone from Dell sees this, please ask me for service tag and address only if you're gonna reply back to my inbox within a day.

Thanks.

Laptop Details:

Dell Inspiron 7720 17R Special Edition.

CPU - 3rd Gen i7 (2.3-3.3 GHz) | 8 GB (2-DIMMS) 1600 MHz RAM | nVidia GeForce 650M GT w/3D enabled and 3DVISION2 glasses | 1TB 5400 rpm HDD + 32 GB mSATA caching SSD

943 Posts

May 6th, 2013 00:00

Hi udaynatt 

We truly regret the inconvenience that has been caused to you. If the system is under warranty then please contact me through a private message by clicking on my name highlighted in blue. On the next page, click the envelope icon and provide your service tag and contact information so I may access your system records. And, if the system is out of warranty then you contact our Expired Warranty Support at the link below:

If you have any further queries please feel free to contact us.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

70 Posts

May 6th, 2013 10:00

The system is still under warranty and i have messaged you my other details as well.

70 Posts

May 7th, 2013 08:00

Now again you have stopped replying. You didn't reply to my message even once.

For anyone else from Dell who reads this, MY LAPTOP HAS HARD DRIVE AND DISPLAY FAILURE, AND IT IS UNDER WARRANTY AND I NEED IT FIXED NOW

The ones whom I have given my service tag and address details are:

DELL-Prateek K (en.community.dell.com/.../default.aspx)

DELL-Sujatha K (en.community.dell.com/.../default.aspx)

Please don't somebody else ask me again to send my details again in your private message and stop replying again.

Contact the above mentioned persons and contact the phone number in India I gave them.

Seriously I didn't expect this kind of support from Dell for a laptop that cost me 1 lakh rupees.

and instead of apologizing for delay, it would be better if you start the repair procedure.

The laptop is at my home in India, at the same address where it was delivered when I ordered it. And my brother there is waiting for a call from Dell.

943 Posts

May 8th, 2013 04:00

Hi udaynatt

Thanks for providing the system details. 

We are still working on your case.  Your case is on priority list and I will keep you posted if there is any update from the concerned team. 

Please let me know if further help is required.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

70 Posts

May 8th, 2013 05:00

Thanks for replying, and telling me that my case is on priority list. But I'd like to know what is causing so much delay? It's been two weeks already since i reported the issue for the first time.

943 Posts

May 9th, 2013 04:00

Hi udaynatt

I have sent you a private message please check.

Please let me know if further help is required.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell 

70 Posts

May 9th, 2013 09:00

Yeah, I read your msg, but that was about the hard drive replacement.

What about the Display issue? The LCD, the GPU, the motherboard? That's the prime issue.

Otherwise HDD was still working anyhow. But without resolving the GPU issue the laptop won't even boot up, so what's the point of sending a seriveman just to replace a hard drive?

943 Posts

May 12th, 2013 03:00

Hi udaynatt

I can see that the case is being handled by my Colleague Dell-Sujatha K . She has arranged for a service on the computer and she would follow up on this case till the issue is fixed.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site

No Events found!