Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 17th, 2013 13:00

Inspiron N3010 graphics driver

Hello,

I'm looking for an update for my graphics driver. I have a Dell Inspiron N3010. Windows 7 64bit

It's an Intel HD Graphics (Proccessor: Core i3-370M).

The drivers from dell support site are not compatible with Windows 7 SP1, so I need a newer version.

1.3K Posts

October 18th, 2013 15:00

Hi Giladteller,

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry that the link provided did not help resolve the issue. I checked the Microsoft article provided and it states that particular updates, if previously present on the computer, may not allow Window SP1 to update or work correctly. Newer version/s of the Intel driver may be available on the Intel website, which may help overcome this problem.

Click here to use the Intel Driver Update Utility which will automatically detect and update the correct driver for the Intel HD Graphics HM57 on your computer.

Hopefully, this should help resolve the issue. Please reply if you have further queries.

1.3K Posts

October 17th, 2013 13:00

Hi Giladteller,

Please click on the link to update the Intel graphics driver for your Inspiron N3010.

In case you are not able to do so, let us know the error message you see when attempting to update the driver.

Please keep us posted on the results.

Thanks & regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region ->
US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here

October 18th, 2013 08:00

Thanks for your reply.

This is the driver I already have.

According to Microsoft, this driver is incompatible with Windows 7 SP1 update (see this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2498452/en-us#method4)

Is there a newer version than versions 8.15.10.2104 through 8.15.10.2141?

Thank you.

October 18th, 2013 16:00

Thank you very much!

This wasn't very straight forward.

Intel driver updates cannot be installed over third-party driver (likie drivers provided by Dell). I had to uninstall the drivers before installing the Intel drivers. But, the automatic tool is not working when no driver is installed, so I had to manually download the driver and install it.

This was a long journey but a successful one.

Thank you very much for your help.

1.3K Posts

October 21st, 2013 11:00

Hi Giladteller,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue is resolved now.

Please feel free to contact us if you have further queries, we would be happy to help.

Thanks & regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region ->
US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here

No Events found!