Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 13th, 2015 09:00

Inspiron N411z/ 14z Stuttering-Buzzing Sound

A stuttering buzz that interrupts/pauses audio only started this week and seems to happen every 60 seconds or so whenever I'm playing audio or video w/ audio.

I don't have McAfee installed and disabling the enhancements in the speaker/headphones setting has not helped.

I really need a workable solution fast, and one that's understandable to a non-computer expert!!

2 Posts

February 17th, 2015 22:00

Solution found: I uninstalled Dell Support Assist Agent - I began seeing notifications for it which I hadn't seen previously around the same time that the buzzing started, and now the buzzing's gone and I have non-interrupted audio back..

Other forum posters have noticed this too, check out: en.community.dell.com/.../19618183

2 Posts

February 18th, 2015 13:00

Amazing, that worked!  Added a reboot after doing an aggressive uninstall using "REVO" and it's gone.  I would really like to know what happened to cause this and how this fixed it.  I guess DELL would too if they cared enough to investigate.  Big thanks!  I was about to do it a complete recovery to get rid of it.treasa87 wrote the following post at 18 Feb 2015 12:06 AM:

Solution found: I uninstalled Dell Support Assist Agent - I began seeing notifications for it which I hadn't seen previously around the same time that the buzzing started, and now the buzzing's gone and I have non-interrupted audio back..

++++++++++++++++

1 Message

February 18th, 2015 17:00

I uninstalled Dell Support Assist Agent ... now the buzzing's gone and I have non-interrupted audio back..

Amazing!  I was playing back before with the annoying symptoms mentioned here.  I checked the date on the DSAA and it installed just a few days ago about the same time as this thread and about the same time the symptoms showed up.  So while playing music and hearing the buzzing, I uninstalled the DSAA and as soon as it was finished uninstalling, all buzzing stopped.  

Definitely looking like more than a coincidence. Problem solved.  Just hope Dell is listening to this thread and finds out what DSAA was doing wrong.  

5 Posts

February 14th, 2015 09:00

Same problem.  I tried the fix offered in the forum and it did not work.  I do not have McAfee.  For me it is like a buzzer going off intermittently.

1 Message

February 14th, 2015 10:00

I have the exact same problem.  Started earlier this week.  Help!  Very frustrating.

1 Message

February 16th, 2015 09:00

I am having the same problem.  Tried Chat Support, no help.  Was told to update my drivers.  They are up-to-date.  

2 Posts

February 16th, 2015 10:00

Same problem here too. 

Seems a corrupted driver but unable to find it for "ADS Instant HDTV PCI".  The timing for everyone seems suspicious and I suspect the latest Microsoft updates did it to me but I haven't the faintest idea which one.  The needed driver was NOT on my disc of DELL drivers.  If anyone locates it, please leave a link to it. 

17 Posts

February 17th, 2015 11:00

Well bad news my dell has done this for 3 years, non of the geniuses here have a clew, i took the machine to a computer repair shop they put it on the bench could not fix it after 2 weeks,  they were sorry, but the time cost them money and was not worth spending more, also dell support online gouged me for 100 bucks and their fix did not work, microsoft online support got me for another hundred and their tech said he did something in the regis. and to reboot and it would be fixed it did not, when i called them back they wanted more money to try something else. So now I have had the machine for three years, good machine but..... can't listen to music with out the buzz. So have fun folks, like i posted once before dell should replace the machine they won't, i bought a lenovo it works great.

5 Posts

February 19th, 2015 12:00

By the way this was solved by treasa87.  The person cited as solving was responding to their solution.

5 Posts

February 19th, 2015 12:00

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  It worked.  I would have never tracked that down.  Good catch!

• 

36 Posts

February 20th, 2015 05:00

The SupportAssist team appreciates you bringing issues and feedback to our attention and will strive to address them openly and quickly. Dell Tech Support can help you through chat and phone.

We are aware of the issue and have developed a fix for the same. The fix has been provided to a lot of customers contacting us directly and it has worked in every case as till now.

In case you are still interested in using SupportAssist and use most up to date system information and optimal health diagnostics, you can download it from http://www.dell.com/supportassist.

After this you can email me and I will send you back the hotfix which will resolve the buzzing issue you were facing earlier.

Regards
Aniruddha S

2 Posts

February 21st, 2015 02:00

I did uninstalling the DSAA but still the buzzing noise exist!!!!!

Please help.

No Events found!