Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 23rd, 2014 10:00

Inspiron N5040 - No Power

Good evening, I have an Inspiron N5040 laptop (A Friends) which unfortunately got wet during a Flash Flood incident at the weekend.

On discovery, I removed the Power lead and Battery and stood the Laptop on end (Allowing water to drain off) and kept it in a warm place for 3 days to thoroughly dry out.

I attempted to power it up today but unfortunately I have no life at all. (No lights on the front, No Beeps, No Life)

I have tried this with the Battery in and mains only. I have left it plugged in to mains for a couple of hours to see if charging resumes but nothing so far.

I can detect no power from the Power supply line with a tester but the battery was fully charged just before the incident.

I suspect the water has caused a major hardware failure but could you advise if there are any form of protection that needs checking first? (ie Internal fuse?)

Thank you.

2 Posts

September 23rd, 2014 11:00

I have spotted an additional detail.

The external Power Supply has a green light when plugged into the mains. However when the DC plug is inserted into the Laptop this goes out, and does not come on again even when unplugged form the Laptop. Power cycling the PSU re illuminates the light.

No Events found!