Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 11th, 2015 13:00

Inspiron N5110 shows no signs of life...

My N5110 is a little over 3 years old, and was running quite smoothly (considering) until one day I tried to power it up and got nothing.  No fan, no lights, no HDD noise - it didn't do anything at all.

Things I have already tried:

- Power Adapter:  Have replaced with a known working adapter of correct voltage, with no success.  Also, once the battery had started to discharge, plugging in the adapter causes the battery charging LED to come on.

- Discharging static:  As per numerous suggestions relating to this kind of issue, I have removed both battery and power supply, and then held down power button (for everything from 10 seconds to over  minute, just to be sure!), but this has had no effect.

Any help with this would be appreciated!

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 11th, 2015 22:00

Hi deejayscott,

Good work on troubleshooting. I would suggest you reseat a few components, like memory, hard drive and optical drive and see if that makes a difference. In the link below punch in the system service tag or express service code and you can access the user manual for removing and reseating components.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps.

October 11th, 2015 23:00

Ravi,

Thanks for your help - I have tried reseatting the components as per the manual, but still getting nothing when I try to power up!

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 15th, 2015 12:00

Hi deejayscott,

It seems like an issue with the system board on the computer.

No Events found!