Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 14th, 2013 12:00

Inspiron N7110, HDD failure, 1 year old

I have been a customer of Dell for a long time. My first desktop was purchased from them in 2000 and my first laptop was purchased in 2003.  Bother were great!  I then purchased an Inspiron 1525 laptop in 2009 and that is when the frustration began.  I have replaced the hard drive in that Inspiron three times since 2009.  I decided to give Dell another chance and bought an Inspiron N7110 on May 24, 2012.  Yep, you guessed it - the hard drive in it crashed this week.  I am now looking at having to fix it although it is just over a year old.  I very rarely use it so I you can understand my frustration.  I will never buy another Dell.  I used to love this company but that is no longer true. 

1.3K Posts

June 18th, 2013 00:00

Hi Showelusa1,

Welcome to Dell Community Forum.

We are sorry to hear of the inconvenience caused to you. Hard drive failures can be caused due to many reasons.

Some of them are :

Power surges, static electricity, heat and vibration.

•  Make sure that your computer has adequate ventilation and that it's not located in an enclosed space where heat may build up.
  • Keep your computer at a normal temperature and away from vibration.
  • Make sure that you take care when handling a drive to avoid static electricity. Make sure that you ground yourself by touching the metal back of a computer's power source, before you attempt to handle a hard drive.
  • Surge protection and a good backup habit are both necessities. Always remember to back up your data periodically.

Please let us know the error message you get so that we are able to assist you  further.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

1.3K Posts

June 20th, 2013 06:00

Hi Showelusa1,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic.

If you need continued support, please respond to my post. We would be happy to help.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

No Events found!