Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

4 Posts

May 21st, 2004 06:00

Inspiron XPS Laptop and Targus Port Replicator

Thanks for everyone’s response. I finally bought the Targus Port Replicator PA090 with RJ45 Ethernet to use with my new Inspiron XPS Laptop. I am using it with a 4 Port IO Gear KVM Switch GCS84B and a 4 Port Linksys Router BEFSR41. It took awhile to configure everything but it works very well for my purposes. However there are a few bugs involved in making the system work. First of all the Dell Laptop must be selected on the KVM switch while booting, reason being, there is an external monitor hooked directly from the laptop and the KVM Switch. And after booting the Laptop, press the serial reset button on the Targus replicator to connect properly to the external keyboard & mouse. Also the Ethernet appears to be only 10 baseT. I ran a separate RJ45 connection directly from the laptop to the Linksys Router. I can now switch between all three computers and it works very well.

38 Posts

June 14th, 2004 00:00

Unfortunately, the Targus PA090 only supports USB 1.1 which is limited to 11mbs.  You need USB 2.0 support to reach 100BaseT speeds.  If you read the fine print on the Targus specs they state the RJ45 port is 10BaseT.  There are several good port replicators that use the USB 2.0 interface.

No Events found!