Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

L

2 Posts

February 7th, 2008 04:00

Inspiron e1505 can't find any bootable drives

I have an Inspiron e1505, windows vista home, 1gb memory, 2Ghz centrino duo. geforce go 7300
Sometimes when booting the comp pauses in the DELL boot up screen. Then a black screen pops up saying that no bootable devices were found press F2 to continue or F5 to run diagnostics. When I press F2 it keeps looping with the same message. But when I run the diagnostics weird alert sounds flare up and it says that it doesn't detect any hdd. But when I reboot the error disappears. Then out of nowhere it can pop up again randomly.
Why does this happen and how can I solve this problem? Thanks a lot for your help.

*UPDATE* Called tech support told me to run diagnostics on comp everything was fine and running smoothly. They have no idea what the problem is. If it happens again they would replace my hdd. They are going to follow up on the problem on Feb 25th. By the way positioning the comp in any position will still give out the same error. It also occurs randomly still. I have exhausted any available solutions that I can think of. Any suggestions would be appreciated thank you very much.
Message Edited by lmusicy on 02-23-2008 01:08 AM

14.4K Posts

February 7th, 2008 08:00

assuming you can eventually boot into windows, I would suggest you try reseating the hdd to rule out a poor connection.

1 Message

February 23rd, 2008 00:00

Hi.   My mom has this same model and the same issue.   I see the response twice to reseat the hdd, but nobody has elaborated on how one goes about doing that.  Can someone explain to me in depth how to check that connection, please?  I've got a mac and I never have to take it apart to check things and I'm not really sure what I'm looking for here.

Thank you for your help!

2 Posts

February 23rd, 2008 08:00

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins6400/en/sm/hddrive.htm#wp1123687

it tells you how to remove the hdd and insert it back on. Hope it works.

1 Message

July 7th, 2008 06:00

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem.Can you tell me how to fix this issue? It's irritating everytime during booting.

Cheers,

Subbaraman. 

No Events found!