Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2016 03:00

Inspiron i7 5759 not tested with Windows 10, but at the same time Windows 10 is pre-installed by Dell

At the webpage about computers tested for upgrade to Windows 10  I read "If your device is not listed in the tables below (...) Dell does not recommended an upgrade to Windows 10."

Recently I bought a new Dell laptop, Inspiron i7 5759. This model is not in the list, which would imply that Dell does not recommend to use Windows 10. But at the same time Windows 10 was allready pre-installed at the computer!

So, maybe the list needs an update?

February 26th, 2016 07:00

I live in Saudi Arabia and the Request for Backup & Recovery Discs is only for (US, Canada and UK only) and i do not know why

11 Posts

March 13th, 2016 07:00

I live in the Netherlands, so this does not apply to me.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 14th, 2016 19:00

:emotion-2:

I saw this possible fix in another thread, hopefully it help you with creating a recovery drive.

EDIT/ Posted by HarpalSingh69 on Feb 28, 2016

Hi,

Please try the steps given below :-

In the search bar, type: command then right click cmd.exe on the menu and select "Run as Administrator". This will open a command prompt window.

Type the command: cd C:\Recovery\OEM then press the Enter key.

Type the command: del install*.* then press the Enter key. (Dont include the asterisk symbol which means after install give a space type . (dot)

Press the "Y" key then press the Enter Key.

Type the command: EXIT and then press the Enter key. (This will close the command prompt window.)

You should now be able to create a USB recovery drive for Windows 10.

Cannot Create USB Recovery

No Events found!