Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2012 08:00

Inspiron ultrabook stuck at dell logo screen

Opened my Inspiron ultrabook today and as it booted up it has been stuck on the black screen with a dell logo. Worked fine the other day and I'm not sure what the problem is. Any help please?

April 14th, 2013 16:00

Hello,

Update - the waters of support appear to be the bermuda triangle!   I spent nearly two hours on the phone with tech support to no avail, after they shipped me reboot discs.   Now a tech came out with a new hard drive and when I start up it says that windows installation cannot be completed.

I wished I had returned this when I had the chance.

Dell - if you are listening, you are going to have to do something pretty stellar to make this right!    I've had this ultrabook for nearly 2 months and so far it hasn't worked for more than 5 minutes!!!

1 Message

April 22nd, 2013 22:00

thank you for the service..thank you soo much..

May 31st, 2013 10:00

hello Allen ,

i have inspiron 13z 5323 ..

same issue

when did diagnostic it gave me video crad error 2000-0332

but later again doing the diagnostic it gave me no error ..

then found this solution of yours

changed SATA operation to ATA then F10

again pressed F2 and changed SATA operation to AHCI then pressed F10

no repsonse ..

still the old black display after the logo

1 Message

September 10th, 2013 01:00

Here is what I did to solve the similar problem on my Inspiron 15z:

- Press F12 at startup.

- Change Boot Mode to Legacy Secure Boot Off and reboot.

- Press F12 again and try to boot from Hard Disc, it won't work.

- Reboot and enter the BIOS with F2 key and go to Boot tab.

- Change the Boot Method back to UEFI and enable Secure Boot, leave everything else as is.

- Reboot and it should boot normally, at least it did for me.

1 Message

September 18th, 2013 08:00

I have an Inspiron 14R. When I turn it on, the Dell logo stucks on the screen.

I tried to press F2 and nothing happens. It shows "F12 Boot Options" on the bottom right of the screen. But it doesn't works too.
What can I do????

1 Message

October 4th, 2013 14:00

That works perfect first time I tried it. Stupid you have to do that at all though

1 Message

November 9th, 2013 15:00

Same problem.

I have an Inspiron i545, running Vista. Once I start the computer, I tried tapping F2, F12, F8, and 0, but the computer is unresponsive to anything I enter through the keyboard. I get to the Dell logo screen, and nothing further happens. The keyboard is a USB keyboard.

Andrea

1 Message

March 20th, 2014 13:00

I have a similar problem with my Dell ultrabook. I bought it a year ago so and it ran fine until this morning. I don't have windows 8, but I am experiencing problems booting up. It won't boot up past the Dell logo. I don't get the blue loading bar at all (just a loading bar that's empty). I tried pressing the f2 key over and over hoping to follow your directions above, but the only thing that happened was that the F2 Setup lettering turned white instead of being the grey color it was (like the F12 Boot Options is). Any ideas? Just to see if anything would happen, I tried pressing the F12 button as well and the same thing happened, the lettering just turned white and the F2 Setup remained gray. No new window opened up for either. Any ideas of what I could do? Thanks.

1 Message

April 10th, 2014 10:00

Thanks it took a couple of try's but worked for my laptop 

1 Message

June 24th, 2014 23:00

HELLO SIR

SO GLAD TO HAVE FOUND YOU AND I FIX PC FOR THE CHURCH AND I AM TRYING YOUR SUGESTION OUT CONTACT ME IM LEARNING EVERY DAY

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 19th, 2015 08:00

Hello,

I have a dell inspiron 15z.

Since this morning my computer is stuck on the black loading page with the white dell logo on it.

I have run a pre boot system assesment.

There was a error on the hard drive 0.

Error code : 2000-0142

Validation : 73834

Msg: hard drive 0 - S/N S0V4M0QR, short self test unsucessfull.

Service tag CC4WQT1

Please help :(

Your warranty expired.

You will need to replace the hard drive.

I hope you created recovery DVDs.

1 Message

January 19th, 2015 08:00

Hello,

I have a dell inspiron 15z.

Since this morning my computer is stuck on the black loading page with the white dell logo on it.

I have run a pre boot system assesment.

There was a error on the hard drive 0.

Error code : 2000-0142

Validation : 73834

Msg: hard drive 0 - S/N S0V4M0QR, short self test unsucessfull.

Service tag CC4WQT1

Please help :(

1 Message

April 20th, 2015 07:00

I have ongoing problems with my Dell 7000 laptop sticking on logo screen. Followed steps above. Will load after steps 1-5 but if I go back to change back to Intel Smart Response, I get error screen. Ran ePSA with no errors detected. Do I need to stay on AHCI?

2 Posts

August 23rd, 2015 08:00

I tried these steps but unfortunately my dell inspiron 7737 does not boot. after dell logo a blank screen.

1 Message

November 20th, 2015 11:00

I am using a dell inspiron 15 3000 series on an intel processor and i have the same problem but mine gets stuck at the dell splash screen and all the keys are not functional. This is preventing me from applying the fixes above. I can access BIOS or any other thing for that matter. please i need help.

No Events found!