Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 25th, 2013 21:00

Intalled new hard drive for inspiron n5010 and need Windows 7 disk

I just installed a new hard drive in my inspiron n5010 laptop and only have the drivers and utilities disk. From my research I found out I'm not crazy, I disnt throw it away... it doesnt come with one lol So now I'm stuck with a computer I can't use AGAIN. Is there somewhere I can obtain windows 7 disk for my computer? I tried the dell website but can't get one because my warrenty is expired. I am frusterated! please help :emotion-9:

2 Intern

• 

621 Posts

October 25th, 2013 21:00

Hi Mandelin,

Media policy varies from region to region.

Please share the system's Service Tag and Owner's/Company's Name with me via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation) and I will check what best can be done.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist you further.

2 Posts

June 3rd, 2014 05:00

Hi, i have exactly the same problem as above. I have dell n5010 with windows 7 originally, no warranty. I live in uk. My hard drive died, so i ordered a new one from amazon.com, when it came it was blank, no OS so i downloaded windows 7, entered the product key from the back of my dell, it worked, but now i cannot connect to internet, i am guessing i need to install drivers for it to work. I still have the original drivers and utilities disk, it does run but how do i get it to work? Or i need to get drivers seperately? Please help,if you can...

No Events found!