Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 30th, 2015 10:00

Integrated Webcam Not working after windows 10 move

Hi, 

Moved yesterday to win 10 and after the switch i had no nvidia drivers and webcam is not working. I managed to update drivers for nvidia and its all fine but i still have Integrated Webcam in Device Manager as not installed because of no drivers.

Noticed it while trying to use camera on skype. It simply doesnt work like its not there. Tried to look for drivers and topics but havent found anything and looks like others odnt have the issue. Everything was fine before installing windows 10. 

I got Alienware 17x Mid 2013 

Any idea how to fix it? i got nothing now

4 Posts

October 12th, 2015 23:00

Same problem here. The last driver issued was 2008.  When installing the webcam, Microsoft installs a driver from 2006, then updates it to the Creative driver from 2008.

Dell needs to issue an updated driver for the Creative Integrated Monitor Webcam.

I am in the Insider program. The latest insider build will not install until the webcam is uninstalled, and unplugged.

In order to run build 10565, I have to go into safe mode, disable my webcam, then reboot.  The webcam simply will not work with Windows 10 until an updated driver is issued.

Blanket, generic, script driven suggestions such as updating the chipset or BIOS are not even remotely a fix here.

3 Posts

October 22nd, 2015 01:00

I am not sure how it works but I tried this and got back my webcam.

Install Cyberlink YouCam 7 software. Its free. You will be requested to restart after finish installation.

Good luck.

4 Posts

October 22nd, 2015 01:00

That software is not free. Issue persists. 

1 Message

October 30th, 2015 15:00

Having the exact same problem with the exact same laptop. Help!

4 Posts

October 30th, 2015 22:00

I have been told, in no uncertain terms over Twitter, that this webcam driver will not be updated.

Alienware Support @AlienwareTech

Unfortunately when the monitor was released, it was only supported with Windows XP and Vista, as mentioned before, which means it is not compatible with Windows 10, as the last only supports up to Windows 7 and 8 platforms.

1 Message

November 13th, 2015 03:00

Worked for me on my XPS12

1 Message

November 20th, 2015 22:00

This is a big problem. I have a Dell XPS 15 Notebook L521x model and after windows 10 neither the web cam nor the integratedd microphone appear to work. In my case neither of these devices show up in "Device Manager" (for example, I do not have an "Imaging Devices" entry in Device Manager. I have managed to get the whole rest of the system working but I cannot use Cortana without the internal mic, and I am a little upset that I cannot skype.

Dell indicated that this model laptop was "Windows 10 Ready" - this should be fixed and instructions should be updated on this thread to explain how to get it working. Come on Dell - make it right for your customers.

Fred

2 Posts

December 11th, 2015 18:00

Here is the solution for most everyone......

The driver is the generic Microsoft one. That is ok.

IF YOU HAVE A DELL...... Install the latest edition of Dell's Web Cam software. I have Release Candidate 1.1. I'm sure there is a new one by now. http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=N2X8D

IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER BRAND.... Install that brands webcam software and follow the instructions below.

After installing the webcam software, go to the webcam software program folder and look towards the bottom and find the webcam software executable. Right click and go to properties and under the compatibility tab choose Windows 7. 

Hit apply and ok. 

Start your Dell WebCam software up and it should work just fine.

Let me know if this helped.

December 14th, 2015 06:00

Webcam now working after latest Windows10 update!

December 14th, 2015 07:00

Brilliant - Worked! Thank you so much!!

3 Posts

December 14th, 2015 18:00

Brilliant!!!!

Work like a charm. Thanks a lot!!!

1 Message

December 17th, 2015 09:00

I also cannot find my webcam when I use window 8.1

Lucky, I found out solution 

"disable "Intel 7 Series/C216 Chipset  .... - 1E26" and enable again."

For anyone who met problem like me: 

Posted bygabriel_araujoo

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19502193

4 Posts

January 6th, 2016 08:00

I've got the same problem on my XPS L501X laptop integral webcam stopped working after installing windows 10 updates on 31st dec 2015  :(

February 18th, 2016 10:00

i have the same problem too!

i heard that the driver for the integrated webcam on alienware m11x series can not be find  anywhere!

just dell or alienware can help us with this issues but there is no any kind of webcam driver for alienware m11x series :(

2 Posts

March 25th, 2016 09:00

Running a Dell Inspiron 14 N4050

Running Win 7

HDD crashed

Lost everything, Programs and Data.

Replaced HDD and reinstalled Win 7 -> Device Manager showed no Integrated Cam  AND integrated Mic not working

upgraded to Win 10 in the hope that it would have all the new drivers

Still no Integrated Cam showing or Mic operating.

Tried to update BIOS - wouldn't flash. 

Tried Dell Support webpage. Cannot run test on webcam because it cannot see it.

Tried DIAGNOSTICS from Bios on start up... cannot see a webcam.

I have tried every fix posted on the net to no avail.

This is hopeless. Between Micro$oft and Dell I am well and truly buggered.

If you can help I'd be very pleased to say the least. Thanks in advance....

No Events found!