Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 19th, 2010 13:00

Integrated web-cam in studio 17 laptop not working

Hi Everybody,

On my Studio 17 laptop, I've had to re-install Windows 7 from scratch and I've been able to find all of the appropriate drivers and software for everything except the integrated web-cam. I have what I believe to be the appropriate Dell Web-cam software package (a set-up file called "DellWebcamSW.exe") and the correct driver (called "R160323.exe") but neither seem to work.

Whenever I try to install the Webcam software I get a message that "Dell web-cam central is not detected on my system." Do I have to have a second program first?

The driver file unpacks and appears to install properly, but when I look at my device manager window, it still reads that web cam is handled by a Microsoft driver. I have uninstalled the Microsoft driver then tried to install the Dell patch, but have had no luck with that either.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

6 Posts

August 7th, 2010 23:00

I am having the same problem with  my Inspiron 1750 and what I've learned is that Win7 does not have a driver for integrated web cams yet.  So... software issue that will take ages to have a patch written.  In the mean time, many peeps have discovered that if you unplug any USB peripheral, mouse, camera, etc, while you have webcam central open, and then replug it in, webcam central will find the integrated web cam and work for a while again.  This worked about 4 or 5 times over several days for me as well but does not work at all anymore.  Sorry.  I guess until they write new drivers we are screwed.

November 8th, 2010 18:00

I am having the same problem with  my Inspiron 1750 and what I've learned is that Win7 does not have a driver for integrated web cams yet.  So... software issue that will take ages to have a patch written.  In the mean time, many peeps have discovered that if you unplug any USB peripheral, mouse, camera, etc, while you have webcam central open, and then replug it in, webcam central will find the integrated web cam and work for a while again.  This worked about 4 or 5 times over several days for me as well but does not work at all anymore.  Sorry.  I guess until they write new drivers we are screwed.

It's good for reference, Thanks for your effort! I got more deep understanding about this part, It's helpful to me.
No Events found!