Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 29th, 2013 09:00

Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 Disconnects

Have had problems with this card (Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230) since day 1. Have tried every driver out there and it still drops
connection. Have tried on many different routers and WiFi systems with same results.

I would like to replace it with another brand. I am considering a Qualcomm Killer Wireless-N 1202 or the Intel Network 7260.HMWG WiFi
Wireless-AC 7260 H/T Dual Band 2x2 AC+Bluetooth HMC.

Does Dell block other manufacturer’s WiFi cards or non-Dell supported cards.? If so can you recommend another Dell supported card?

Thanks,
Dennis

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Dennis,

Make a system restore point.

Download THESE WINDOWS 7 64-BIT DRIVERS FOR THE INTEL CENTRINO ADVANCED 6230 ADAPTER and save them to your desktop.

Start, control panel, device manager, network, right click on Intel Centerino 6230 adapter, left click uninstall. Tell it to remove the software and drivers.

Restart your computer. When you login, the new hardware wizard will try to install the adapter but fail. Install the drivers saved to your desktop.

Try these tweaks....

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your network adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Go to the power options, and changed the Wireless Adapter Setting, from Maximum Power Setting to Maximum Performance.

Rick

3 Posts

Sorry, forgot to mention it's a Dell XPS 15z (L511z).

Thanks,

Dennis

3 Posts

November 29th, 2013 15:00

Thanks for quick response Rick but I've tried this with no success.  That's why I asked about a replacement WiFi card.

Thanks again,

Dennis

No Events found!