Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2014 20:00

Intel Dual Band Wireless-Ac 7260 not working? Latitude e5540

Hello,

I have had the following computer for a few days after purchasing from the Dell online store, Latitude E5540. The WiFi was having trouble connecting anywhere except close to my router, but recently the laptop is saying that a driver or hardware problem is detected in the Intel Dual Band Wireless-Ac 7260, and that Windows has stopped the device due to a problem (Code 43). The drivers are up to date, and connecting using an ethernet cable and checking for new updates tell me the drivers are up to date.

Is there a solution to this problem or did I receive a faulty machine?

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

December 11th, 2014 13:00

JMunsterman

If you have tried multiple locations and networks then it doesn’t sound like an environmental problem. With the error that you are getting it could be that the WiFi driver has been corrupted. If you haven’t tried it yet I suggest uninstalling all wireless drivers completely. You can download (save on the desktop, don’t run them yet) the 7260 driver WiFi driver and the Bluetooth driver. Once downloaded go to control panel / programs and features and look for the 7260 drivers and uninstall them, once completed restart the notebook. Once Windows is back up run your downloaded drivers and see if this helps.

If you have tried the latest drivers from Dell and haven’t noticed much of an improvement you can try the latest Intel Proset drivers, just be sure to uninstall the existing drivers before installing the new drivers.  

You may also want to connect to a wired connection and make sure that all the latest windows updates have been installed.

Please reply back if you continue to have problems.

TB

7 Posts

April 9th, 2015 01:00

I suspect Dell is blocking these newer adapters in bios(bios whitelist), just like HP does. This adapter is not working in my Inspiron 15z ultrabook also, even though windows recognises it and installs the drivers

1 Message

January 20th, 2016 09:00

Should be working on his system (Dell latitude e5540), see Compatibility list: [http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&sku=8tf1d]

No Events found!