Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

June 19th, 2016 04:00

Intel HD 3000 driiver issue

Recent days i have problem with intel graphic driver ,Screen is flickering after installing intel hd 3000,My Operating system is Windows10 64 bit.From Last month I am struggling with graphics problem in my system

2K Posts

June 19th, 2016 14:00

Hi SATHISHKUMARGSK,

What is the exact system model? Are there any bluescreens / system crashes? When is the flickering issue seen? Is this a persistent issue from the time you turn on the system or does it happen within windows? What applications are you using when the screen flickers? 

Update the BIOS - http://dell.to/1n3X2po - enter the service tag and download the BIOS, update and restart the machine and check.

If the old driver was working fine, then go to device manager -> display adapters -> intel device properties -> driver tab -> choose rollback driver - restart and check.

Connect an external monitor and check if the display is fine.

Restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS and check if the flickering is seen while in BIOS.

Run the LCD bist - Turn off the system and press and hold the "D" key + power button to turn on the system and it should run the LCD built in self test - see this link for more info - http://dell.to/1SkXNrG

Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.

While in BIOS or while running the tests - swivel the screen back and forth and check if the flickering stops / if the flickering is seen.

Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Keep us updated.

380 Posts

June 20th, 2016 06:00

The Intel HD 3000 video chip is not supported by Intel for Windows 10. They have not created a Windows 10 compatible driver for it and most likely wont. Whether Microsoft will come out with something is unknown. I assume you upgraded your computer from Windows 7. If you have had Windows 10 installed for over a month, then returning to Windows 7 would be difficult unless you had an image of your hard drive prior to the upgrade.

I have a four year-old Toshiba laptop with the Intel HD 3000 chip in it. I wont even bother upgrading it to Windows 10. It is a shame that Microsoft says these computers are capable of being upgraded to Windows 10.

Best of luck,

JohnD

No Events found!