Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 23rd, 2014 09:00

Intel HD 4000 / Radeon 7730 - hardware issue?

Hi everyone-

I have spent the last 3 days coming these forums and external sites for help with this issue.  I have read all the threads and tried 8 different sequences for getting the drivers to work right, but have continued to have issues, and I think it may be a hardware issue.  Let me describe:

Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 17r SE purchased December 2012.  Windows 8.1, completely refreshed this weekend.  It is used for CAD work with RevIt.

In device manager, the laptop is currently reporting issues (yellow icon) on the Intel HD 4000 Video Card.  The AMD Radeon 7730 does not show up in the list of devices.  Driver set is the latest from Intel and the latest from AMD, Catalyst 4.14.

Here's the weirdness:

Occasionally, after reboot, both the Intel HD 4000 *AND* the AMD Radeon 7730 will be visible in device manager.  That's good and that's what I want.  But, this most recent time when they showed up, the onboard NIC no longer was in Device Manager.  Nor the Wireless.  So no internet connectivity at all.

Rebooted and the Radeon entry disappears and I'm left with just the Intel HD 4000 showing on the list of devices in Device manager, and the network is working fine.

I installed the latest BIOS and it has all the latest drivers downloaded from dell.  It passes all hardware test using Dell's software.

Any theories about what is going on?  Do other people see the Intel HD 4000 ONLY on the Device Manager - is it normal for it to mask the Radeon?  Or is the Radeon card bad?

I've spent over 20 hours installing various driver sets, so please don't suggest that.  Just help me out by answering the questions above.  Thanks in advance for any insights!

No Responses!
No Events found!