Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 8th, 2017 23:00

Intel Management Engine Firmware is corrupted

Hello all,

I have DELL Inspiron 15R 5520 with freshly installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 but some annoying issues began to occur after cold booting my laptop :

1- 15 seconds delay between the power up lights turn on and the DELL BIOS logo.

2- A yellow mark appears next to Intel Management Engine Interface Driver with Error Code 10 ( this device could not start ), but this problem disappears when i restart my laptop and comes back after a cold boot.

I tried many things to solve this problem but none of them worked for me :

1- I tried a clean install of Windows and installing all drivers in correct order > didn't work.

2- I tried upgrading to latest BIOS and resetting CMOS Battery > same problem.

3- I tried uninstalling IMEI driver and reinstalling it again after a restart > nothing works.

A friend of mine told me that there may be a problem with Intel Management Firmware and this could probably cause that slow BIOS startup and the problem of IMEI driver in device manager.

So, can anyone suggest an effective way to fix that Intel Management Engine firmware corruption ?

And if its not the firmware...what could cause that BIOS delay ? Could the MB be faulty or something ?

I'm waiting for your replies and thanks in advance.

• 

17K Posts

February 9th, 2017 07:00

GladiatorX2,

Run the Intel Driver Update Utility from the link below and see if it will resolve the driver issue.

Intel Driver Update Utility

27 Posts

April 29th, 2017 07:00

Intel Driver Update Utility didn't detect any new drivers for IMEI. I have two questions and i need someone with enough experience to answer them accordingly :

1- Why the problem disappears after a restart and occurs again after a cold boot ?

2- How can i repair IMEI firmware for DELL Inspiron 15R 5520 specifically ?

Thanks for your help.

No Events found!