Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 25th, 2016 23:00

Intel Turbo Boost not working on Dell Inspiron 5548

I have a Dell Inspiron 5548 running Windows 8.1 and it has an Intel Core i5-5220U processor. Intel Turbo Boost is not working on my computer. I have tried re-installing the Intel Chipset Driver multiple times (with and without Intel Speed Step enabled in the UEFI), and each time after successfully installing Intel Turbo Boost still does not work. How can I make Intel Turbo Boost work on my PC?

Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 27th, 2016 09:00

:emotion-2:

I'd suggest you update Turbo Boost from the Intel site in link below:

downloadcenter.intel.com/

October 28th, 2016 16:00

I tried looking for Intel Turbo Boost on the link that you sent above, but there were no drivers that were compatible with my processor.

Thank you.

October 28th, 2016 18:00

I looked in my PC's UEFI and I haven't seen anything relating to Intel Turbo Boost.

I don't know if this will help any, but after installing the Intel Chipset Driver, I have happened to notice that it's not appearing under the Programs list in Control Panel like all of the other drivers do.

October 28th, 2016 18:00

Turbo boost is usually need to be enabled in BIOS.  You can also use Microsoft's Speedboost technology with a spare USB drive.  This is an alternative.

November 1st, 2016 20:00

I tried looking in that video, and that unfortunately didn't help. Is there anything else that I can do?

Thank you.

November 20th, 2016 22:00

Is there anything else I can do to resolve this issue with my PC?

Thank you.

December 1st, 2016 13:00

Is there anything else I can do to make Intel Turbo Boost work on my PC?

Thank you.

No Events found!