Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 25th, 2015 23:00

Intel gpu based motherboard instead of ATI for inspiron 15R N5010

Dear friends, I wanted to know can I install Intel based graphics motherboard for my dell Inspiron N5010. I bought the pc with Intel i3 380 processor, 4 Gb ddr3 RAM, ATI Radeon 512 MB graphics card model 5470. Since my motherboard crashed and its not able to start and shut down within 15 sec. I am thinking to change the motherboard with Intel based graphics card. Will there be any compatibility issues? I am ready to change the laptop adapter if necessary. If there will not be any problem then suggest me which motherboard model will be suitable for that.

184 Posts

May 26th, 2015 00:00

Hi rv u,

Since the computer that you are referring to is a Dell OEM machine, replacing it with incompatible motherboards might cause additional problems on the system. Hence we request you to contact our out of warranty team on the number that was provided earlier so that the issue can be fixed by finding the right components for your system at the earliest.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

May 26th, 2015 10:00

You can indeed do this -- you will  need a new heatsink assembly if you change from an AMD-video board to Intel.

No Events found!