Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

September 3rd, 2016 11:00

Internal Hard Disk Drive not found

So I've had my Dell Inspiron for about a year now. The other day, I tried turning it on, and it brought up only a black screen telling me to try reseating the hard drive. I figured I was supposed to take out and put back in the hard drive. After doing this twice, the screen keeps coming up. I would love to be able to use my computer again. Am I doing anything wrong? I still have a warranty for a week. Would that help with this situation? I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3541

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

September 4th, 2016 08:00

:emotion-2:

I'd suggest you reseat hard drive again but this time, press "Power On" button for 30 seconds to discharge "Static Flea Power" then release, before replacing battery and hard drive back into computer. After you remove battery/ hard drive/ discharged static flea power, power on the computer, start tapping F2 key(BIOS) to reset BIOS Defaults.  In the BIOS, you can reset BIOS defaults by pressing F9 to load defaults and F10 to save and exit. Hopefully hard drive is detected again.

Troubleshooting Hard Drive (Official Dell Tech Support):

https://youtu.be/T4YZebIiiRs

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

September 4th, 2016 08:00

" I still have a warranty for a week "

:emotion-2:

If all troubleshooting fails then I suggest you quickly contact Dell Technical in link below for a free hard drive replacement. Hopefully one of the Dell reps see this thread and be able to help you.

www.dell.com/.../Contact-Information

No Events found!