Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 17th, 2011 05:00

Internal Microphone problem Dell Studio 1555

A few months back I had a virus and was hearing strange noises coming from my computer, so I disables my microphone. Now, I have been unable to reinstall the appropriate drivers to get my internal microphone to work again. I have been to the Dell website and tried downloading multiple different drivers, and after it downloads, when I try to open it, a message appears which states, "Application download did not succeed. Check you network connection, or contact your system administrator or network service provider." I have full bars on my internet, so that should not be the problem. I tried chatting and emailing customer service, but my service warranty is up so I can't turn to that. Also, I am currently living in Israel with my computer that I bought in the U.S. and am wondering if there is some issue with downloading drivers to international IP addresses? I'm stumped, and would really like my microphone so that I can skype my family. Also, my webcam works just fine, it's only my microphone which not only doesn't work, but doesn't even appear when I go into devices. I would appreciate any help I can get!

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

November 17th, 2011 06:00

"Application download did not succeed.

Hello. That does not appear to be an audio problem. Maybe you should post on the Networking/Internet/Wireless discussion board  for help with that.

Also for best results when downloading from the Dell site, always use your browser and not the Dell Download Manager application. See the Dell Download Manager FAQ for details.

No Events found!