Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 26th, 2010 02:00

Internet card faulty? Inspiron 1750

Recently I've had problems with my internet. It would randomly turn off. At first I thought it was the router, but after bringing my laptop to my friends house and having the same problem with his internet, I knew something was wrong. My friend told me something was wrong with the internet card and I should restore the computer. I did a full factory reset on the laptop and the problem persisted. We switched our 3 year old router with a new one and the problem continued. Is there a way to fix this, can I send it in to get repaired, or should I just buy a new laptop? It's a Dell Inspiron 1750, 7 months old. Got it for Christmas.

539 Posts

June 26th, 2010 07:00

Assuming it's a WIFI miniPCI adapter inside the laptop - first reseat the card and try again.

If to no avail - it might be busy dying. It's not uncommon for a WIFI pciCARD to die suddenly.
Replacement is fairly easy, it's usually located underneath the keyboard.

To rule out software issues try and use a free OS - no need to install anything on the disk.
If the problem is gone, its a windows issue. (assuming you're using that one)

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

June 26th, 2010 04:00

You've not been clear as top whether this is wired or wireless - if wireless, it's a card that needs to be replaced.  If wired, the mainboard needs to be replaced.

Contact technical support for warranty repair - start with the contact link below.

3 Posts

June 26th, 2010 11:00

My apologies, it is a wireless connection issue.

3 Posts

June 26th, 2010 13:00

Thank you LaptopNomad. I followed the link and went through the process. It brought up new questions and I searched further. I came across this and it helped me fix the problem. Thanks again.

No Events found!