Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 8th, 2009 13:00

Invalid Service Tag

Hi,

I know this isnt a hardware issue etc but i have just received my Inspiron 1545. i went onto the dell website to add my service tag etc so i could find downloads and such but when i enter it it says that it is an invalid service tag. It also says that as i purchased the laptop outside the uk i would need to contact a different telephone number.

the thing is i purchased the laptop in the uk and the service tag is definately correct.

anyone know what i can do? otherwise i cant check my warranty info etc

thanks

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

September 8th, 2009 14:00

It usually takes a week to 10 days for your tag to appear in the system. Wait a few days and try again. If you need downloads in the meantime, just select your model and your operating system. Then choose the hardware drivers for your particular setup.

2 Posts

September 8th, 2009 16:00

ok thankyou, i will wait a few days and then try again. it just seems a bit strange that it says that it has been bought from outside the uk.

i have downloaded the drivers that i needed but i need to look at the warranty status etc but it wont let me without the service tag.

November 7th, 2010 02:00

Seems like Dell clerks are not workin enough. - or may be have too much in their hands.. Its been a month since i ordered my laptop (oct 5th), Two week since i got it in hand (ya, took two n half weeks) , and still my service tag is not recognised. 

Where do i complain?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 7th, 2010 03:00

Was the system purchased from Dell, or a third party?

No Events found!