Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 1st, 2010 12:00

Is there anyone that doesn't have problems with the studio 1558?

Hi there,

I ordered a Dell Studio 1558 Core I3 350 4GB ram, ATI 4570 GPU and Windows 7 64bit home premium from a refurbishment company yesterday.

Yesterday evening I came across all the mentioned problems of overheating, sudden system dropouts (because of overheating), FAN noise etc. etc.

So it made me tremble behind the laptop, hoping this would not occur with the one I've ordered.

I contacted the company and the told me they weren't aware of these problems.

I'm just about to reach the level where I'm immidately going to ship the unit back upon receipt (7 day no questions asked refund warranty).

Can anyone give me some good experiences about the laptop, just to make me feel a bit better.

I also would like to know how I can test the unit for the mentioned possible failures in the fastest way. I want to know if my system will survive for months to come in the 7 days that I can still return it for a refund.

I also read in one thread that the ATI GPU is totally misplaced, causing excessive heat that can't be handeled. Has anyone tried turning the ATI of and only using the GPU of the processor?

Is there already an actual conclusion what is causing these problems?

Tnx

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

October 1st, 2010 13:00

This is a user to user support forum. All you will see are problems from users, not experts. You won't see anything about all the computers that are working fine.  Read the expert reviews about your model online by using Google or Bing. Any computer, any model can have problems. Check yours out first before sending back. There are usually stiff restocking fees for returning functioning computers. You are buying a used computer. If you want better warranties with free replacements for defective computers, buy new directly from Dell.

No Events found!