Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 29th, 2012 07:00

Issue about format hard drive N5010

I really need help. I want to format my hard drive since it was inflected with virus. However my friends is too busy to help fully and i need it to fix as soon as possible.

According to what my friend said, he said when turn on, press F button to go in blue screen. From there u can find the format and do the rest. However i can't find it since F2 is general setup while F12 is boot setup.

My laptop is N5010 and i installed win 7 for it.

Anybody know the solution and how to do the format. Please send reply as soon as possible

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 29th, 2012 12:00

If you mean a factory restore, the key to press is F8.

4 Posts

May 1st, 2012 06:00

sorry but even press F8 can't solve my problem.

is there any other way to format my lap complete back to state before install windown

4 Posts

May 1st, 2012 07:00

to be more clear about state, i mean the blank laptop without windown

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

May 1st, 2012 08:00

Hi minhdzung,

Welcome to the Community,

If you want to just format the HDD you would need to boot the system using  the Windows DVD and get to the screen where it shows you the format option.

In case you are trying to  format and  reinstall windows use the link below:

support.dell.com/.../document

I would suggest you to first try  Step 3 PC restore( this will help you set the system to factory settings),if that does not work try Step 4 Manual Reinstallation.

Let me know if you need more help.

Thank You

Roshan.

4 Posts

May 1st, 2012 08:00

Hi Roshan

Yes, i want to format the HDD but didn't have window DVD.

I try the recommendation but cant work since F8 cant get me to advance boot system. Is there another way?

Thank for your helping

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

May 1st, 2012 09:00

Hi minhdzung,

Did you try to release flea power? If not, disconnect the charger,remove the battery,press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds ( without the battery and charger connected). Reconnect battery and charger,turn on the system and start tapping F8 as soon as you press the power button to turn on the system.Try this process couple of times and see if it works.

If it does not work only option is to do a manual reinstallation using the Windows DVD.You can use the link below to request for Back up disk (Only for US customers).

support.dell.com/.../backupcd_form

Thank You

Roshan

No Events found!