Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 8th, 2016 22:00

Issue with video cameras

I bought a new XPS and it has been great except for one problem. I do live capture astronomy videos, but whenever I use the camera I have to move the mouse for the live capture screen to update. I've never had this problem with any other laptop and this camera. The camera is a DMK41AU02 and I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the camera. It works just fine on my older Lenovo laptop. 

I also tried a different camera, a QHY Pole Master camera and I have the same issue. I have to move the mouse for the display to update.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

• 

17K Posts

May 9th, 2016 08:00

sbrahn

Unfortunately, I have no information in my database for the cameras or for capturing live videos.

2 Posts

May 9th, 2016 16:00

The problem is NOT the cameras. It's got to be something in the video card or display settings. The cameras work perfectly on other computers. This is the only one where this problem occurs. 

It's also not happening during the capture of live videos. I haven't even tried that because I have had such a problem just being able to WATCH the live video stream before any capturing has begun. 

No Events found!