Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 21st, 2016 01:00

Issues with Dell XPS 15 9550: black screen

Hello everyone,

Got my XPS 15 since 2 weeks and it was working perfectly until yesterday when I tried to boot in safe mode.. Black screen.

Whenever I boot the laptop, there is a blackscreen, no Dell logo, no sound nor flashing keyboard.

When I press the power button to shutdown I can hear the fan blowing fast for 2seconds and it shutdown.

Tried to push FN before booting, press F12, F8 and got nothing. Black screen.

Tried to remove battery, ac adapter, and power on for flea static, and put back everything, still blackscreen.

Tried to hold D key + power on, screen flashes different colors.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 22nd, 2016 01:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

This could be a hardware failure .We would suggest that you run a complete diagnostics on the system and make a not of the error .

Kindly also private message the service tag to the system.

Thanks

Robin

2 Posts

January 26th, 2016 16:00

I have a very similar issue with my XPS 15 9550 today. No display from power on, but the system works otherwise. I can change the backlight brightness even, but the screen stays black.

-James

January 27th, 2016 02:00

I saw so many issues with the latest XPS, you may want to try to remove the battery and used the AC maybe.

January 27th, 2016 02:00

I am answering late but just want to tell you that I have the same recommendations as the Dell tech

support. But I couldn't do anything with a blackscreen.

Contacted Dell too many times by phone and finally got them to take back the laptop to refund it.

2 Posts

January 27th, 2016 09:00

I actually just pulled the bottom plate off the laptop, unplugged the LCD cable from the mainboard and plugged it back in.
It booted up just fine afterward, no problems since.

No Events found!